Fiesta Night at Arrowhead’s Varsity Basketball Games

Arrowhead’s Sports and Marketing class is putting on a Marketing Night called Fiesta Night on December 19, 2013 at the girl’s and boy’s varsity basketball game. The purpose of the event is to attract fans for both games. The event starts at 5pm and goes to 930pm.  Both the girls and boys team will be playing Waukesha North.  It will be held at Arrowhead’s North Campus East Gym.

The theme for the event is Fiesta Night.  Fiesta night will take place outside, in the foyer, and inside the gym.

Another theme for the night is “It can wait.” It is a campaign done by AT&T.  This campaign promotes no texting and driving.  With this theme, the marketing students want to provide a positive message to the high school students.

Steve Melzer, a business teacher at Arrowhead High School says, “The goal of the event is so students can learn firsthand how to put on a sports entertainment event. Second, they learn also how to promote the event. Third, it is a great way to provide school spirit.”

The Marketing class will be giving out free t-shirts and sombreros at the door. Also, students will be able to win prizes throughout the night.

In addition to the AHS Marketing Class, Griffin Ford and El Rey will be sponsoring the event.  Griffin Ford will have a car outside of north campus full of prizes.  El Rey will be sponsoring a nacho bar and supplying the chips to compliment the fiesta party night. The marketing students went out to different businesses within the community to get sponsorships for the event.

Melzer says, “You can’t get a better experience than that than working with the business community.”

There will also be a smoothie bar and other game and contest booths throughout the foyer.  Throughout the breaks in the game, there will be activities put on by the marketing students.

The Marketing Nights that the Arrowhead marketing students put on is for obtaining more fans.  They are hoping to bring new students to support different Arrowhead sporting events.  The students putting on this event will evaluate the successfulness of the event by the attendance.  They want to fill the stands.

Melzer says, “The event is not to generate money like Hawkfest. It is more to provide an increase in attendance and provide more support. It is not a money maker.”