Arrowhead Students and Staff Look Forward to Winter

Arrowhead students and staff are excited about snow and the change in seasons, but they are also nervous about driving conditions. Wisconsin winters bring snow and cold temperatures, but Arrowhead students are more optimistic about the upcoming winter than the staff is.

Senior, Alec Harmeyer, has been driving for about two years now. This is his second winter driving and he says he has become very comfortable and confident with driving in the winter.

“I have driven in the winter for about two years and as long as you go slow and don’t drive really close behind people, you should be fine,” says Harmeyer.

Not only is Harmeyer comfortable in driving in the snow, but he says he enjoys it also.

“Snow is very fun to play in along with driving in because you can do pretty cool stuff with your car,” says Harmeyer.

A teacher at Arrowhead, John Hoch, says he does not like driving in the snow.

Hoch says, “It scares me because I have a really old car and it’s not built well for snow, so sometimes I feel like I’m going to spin out or that my car will just break down randomly.”

Hoch predicts this coming winter to be very harsh.

“ I have a feeling this winter is going to be horrible considering that last winter was pretty warm; even on Christmas I remember there being little to no snow on the ground,” says Hoch.

“This winter probably won’t be that bad based on what we saw last year and what I’ve heard,” says Harmeyer.

Not only is winter for our cars, but it is also for the lives of the students and staff.

“This winter will consist of lots of working for me, including school and snow sports I’m in like snowboarding, hopefully, if the snow is decent,” says Harmeyer.

Hoch also agrees on being busy this winter with coaching basketball.

Winter brings with it one of the biggest breaks throughout the school year (besides summer break.)

“I’m looking forward to really just being with my family this winter and spending time with them,” says Hoch.

“I’m hoping to get a new T.V. this Christmas for my living room,” says Hoch.

“This winter should be a good one,” says Hoch.