Warhawk Manufacturing’s Spring Sale

Arrowhead’s Warhawk Manufacturing is now promoting its spring sale. The sale starts on April 28th from 4:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in South Campus’s innovation lab. Its last sale was the Christmas sale which was from January 27th to 30th during which Christmas decorations went on sale. 

Warhawk Manufacturing is a group of students who create their own products with the help of Arrowhead’s shop. These students all make products including animals, signs, and boards using both metal and wood. The prices range depending on the item, but typically it is between $15.00 and $150.00. People wishing to purchase products can do so from the Warhawk Manufacturing shop, which is open every weekday from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. To pick up products, people would go to the north side of North Campus at room N124. 

The class is instructed by Arrowhead teachers Anthony Christian and Jeff Luetchwager. Both aim to teach students skills that will help in business, engineering, and manufacturing. Ninety percent of profits go to scholarships for students. 

Christian says, “At the end of the year, we collect money from all of our sales, pay our bills, and are left with a profit. The students apply for manufacturing scholarships that are valued from $1500- $2500 per student.”

Starting in 2019, Christian and Luetchwager felt the need to help students become better business leaders as there wasn’t a class that was both hands-on and profiting. They wanted to teach students how to run their own businesses along with how to manage their time and profits. They wanted students to learn how to manufacture and create products detailed on their website. For students wishing to take 

“This course is unique to Arrowhead as it allows students to experience business from different perspectives as they work throughout the year for the student-run company while being AT school during the school day,” said Christian.

Many events take place within the Warhawk Manufacturing group including Arcs and Sparks, held from February 8th to February 22nd, which details the basic skills needed to make some products shown on their website. The spring sale, happening on April 28th, will showcase discounted products made by the students. Their Facebook page details more of these specifics. 

“What other class PAYS you to come to class and work for them while also receiving tech ed credits?” said Christian.