Hoch Gets Voted As One of the Favorite Teachers By Students

John Hoch, the Oasis teacher at Arrowhead Union High School.

John Hoch, an Arrowhead Union High School Oasis teacher and former physical education and health teacher, was voted as one of the favorite teachers by students. This survey was conducted with 24 students. Of those 24, seven said their favorite teacher was Hoch.

Hoch says, “I enjoy teaching Oasis this year even though I miss teaching physical education and health.”

Oasis is a program for kids who are having trouble with school and/or behavior. Most of these kids also typically do not have sufficient credits to graduate.

“The most challenging part of my job is having enough patience to get through the entire day with some of the kids,” says Hoch.

Many students, like junior Ally May, say they like Hoch because “he is a really fun teacher and coach and he’s really easy to relate to since he was  a student at Arrowhead not too long ago.”

Junior, Kara Vana said, “Hoch was one of my favorite teachers because he was

really funny, [he] related to all of the kids well, and did stuff we actually liked doing. I also loved that he partook in activities in gym.”

“Something I find rewarding about my job is being able to make an impact on a kids life that will help that kid become a better adult,” said Hoch.

“Hoch is all around a nice guy.  He makes an effort to get to know you which is really nice! I like having a teacher in the building that I can really get along with,” said May.