Arrowhead Spring Sports Starting Up

As spring rolls around, it is now time for spring sports to begin. 

Boys Golf began Monday, March 28th.  

Boys golf team consists of Varsity, Varsity Reserve, Junior Varsity, and Freshman levels. Any freshman to senior is able to try out for any of the teams. This program has around 30-36 boys for all levels. The golf team has won 8 state championships overall.

Boys and Girls Lacrosse: Monday, March 7th.

Senior Kailey Willie is on the varsity girls lacrosse team, she says, “This is going to be my favorite year of lacrosse, we had a really good team who I already consider family. This being my senior year, I will push myself hard to succeed and make it an enjoyable season.”

Girls Soccer began Monday, March 21.

The girls soccer team is open to freshman, sophomores, juniors, and seniors. The team consists of about 18-20 players. They have practice each day after school for about two hours. All teams will play 8 conference games and non-conference schedule games.

Baseball began Monday, March 28th.  

Senior Jenna Zeller is on the varsity girls softball team, she says, “I am excited to play my senior year with all my friends and I believe that we will be successful this season. It’s going to be a bittersweet moment when the season is over because it will be the last time playing with my teammates.” 

Softball began Monday, March 14th.

Boys Tennis began Monday, March 28th.

The boys tennis team is made up of three teams: Varsity, Junior Varsity, and JV2. Only 12 boys can make the Varsity team. 

Boys and Girls Track and Field began Monday, March 7th. 

Girls lacrosse team is a no cut sport, unless it exceeds the four-team capacity. This sport also has practice after school on week nights along with some games. 

Ella Schraufnagel says, “I think this season will be great for all sports. I’m excited to play softball and go and support the other spring sport teams.”