DECA Students Run Arrowhead’s School Store

The place for all things Arrowhead is at the Arrowhead School Store located in the commons next to the activities office at North Campus. From Froyo to AHS merch, the school store has what students and staff are looking for. It is staffed throughout the day by the Arrowhead DECA students.

The school store is open during the school day from 7:15 am to 3:00 pm Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. It is also open Wednesday from 7:15 am to 2:30 pm. The school store is also known as the Warhawk Trading Post and the Arrowhead HAWKSNEST. 

Students can see what days the athletics teams are playing and who they are playing against posted on a chalkboard while visiting the school store. 

Learn more about DECA and the school store on the Arrowhead website using this link

Some of the DECA students’ favorite things about working there are the interactions they have with students. 

Samuel Jackson, a DECA member and senior at Arrowhead, said, “I love meeting new people that simply come in to hang out. I feel that I have met and gotten to know so many new people as a result of working in the store this year so far.” 

Students come to the school store to hang out in the relaxed atmosphere that the DECA members maintain. Different students go to the school store to check it out and meet new people.

Emmett Jones, a DECA member and junior at Arrowhead, said, “One of my favorite things about working at the school store is being able to interact with all different students from Arrowhead that I normally wouldn’t interact with during the school day.” 

Jones said that his favorite interactions while working at the school store are the groups of students that come to visit with each other and talk to the workers even if they don’t buy anything. It makes his day more enjoyable and interesting when he gets to talk to a lot of students at different times.

Noelle Longstreth, a DECA member and senior at Arrowhead, said, “My favorite thing about working at the school store is being able to meet people. We get new people in the school store all the time and it’s so fun getting to talk to them all. I have met and became pretty good friends with a lot of people who have popped into the school store this year!!”