AHS Student Senate Hosts a Giving Tree Gift Drive

From November 18th to December 6th, Student Senate is hosting a Giving Tree Gift Drive. This year the Student Senate is sponsoring families through the Waukesha County Christmas Clearing Council.

An email was sent out November 16th to Arrowhead students by North Campus Associate Principal Becky Gordan. She included information about the Gift Drive. She says to take a tag which is located on the giving tree, purchase the requested gift, and return the unwrapped gift under the giving tree or at the main office at either campus. The gifts need to be brought in on Monday, December 6th.

The giving tree is located in the South Campus Library and in the North Campus Hallway next to the main office. 

Gordan says, “Participation is easy. On the trees, you will find various ornaments, each inscribed with a wish list item for a local child or family.”

Student Senate provides opportunities to students to express leadership skills, get     involved with the community, and have fun with friends.  Student Senate organizes events such as homecoming activities, annual blood drives, giving/food drives, and prom. Student Senate allows students to advocate and give back to the community through service work.

Senior Hannah Judge said, “I am wanting to participate in this year’s gift drive. I think it will be fun and I will get the opportunity to help kids and family.” 

If students want to make a large donation, sponsor a child’s entire wish list, or a family gift to contact Social Studies Department Chair, Shanna Morgan. Family and kids asked for gift cards, toys, and clothes. 

Gordon said, “The families we are sponsoring are tremendously grateful for your care and generosity during this time.”