Arrowhead Scholarship Fund Hosts Noodles & Co. Fundraiser

On Thursday, October 7, from 4:00-8:00 pm, the Arrowhead Scholarship Fund (ASF) hosted a fundraiser at the Delafield Noodles and Company location.  By using a specified coupon code, 25% of customers’ sales were given to fund this year’s scholarships.

The Arrowhead Scholarship Fund was founded in 1958 to help provide two- and four-year university-bound Arrowhead High School students with financial support to attend.  

According to the Arrowhead Scholarship Fund website, they award “more than $80,000 in scholarships annually to more than 80 of Arrowhead High School’s future leaders.”  

The Arrowhead Scholarship Fund is not affiliated with Arrowhead High School, but according to President Abbie Holland, they “work closely with the administration and staff at Arrowhead to promote (their) events.”

According to many Arrowhead students, one of their most popular items at Noodles and Company is their buttered noodles. The dinner-sized portion retails for $5.39; for every dinner-size portion of buttered noodles sold, $1.34 was donated to the fund.

Holland said she “saw many Arrowhead ‘A’ stickers on cars in the parking lot,” on Thursday, October 7. 

She said they will not know how much money was raised until next week, but their “goal for this fundraiser is to raise $500.”  

Holland also says that this is not the only form of fundraising for the program; they “do this through donations from businesses, organizations and individuals in the community.”  

Noodles and Company is not the only business that supports the ASF; some other local businesses that contributed include Culver’s, Falbo’s Pizzeria, Great Harvest Bread Company, and Zesti’s Eatery.

Scholarship applications open in December, and additional information can be found on their website arrowheadscholarshipfund.org.