The Fight of Junior/Senior TP Wars

The month before Homecoming includes social events and school spirit. Junior versus Senior Toilet Paper Wars are one of the games and events students plan outside of school. Toilet Paper wars began on September 1st and will end the night of Homecoming: October 2nd. Only junior and seniors can participate, but cannot use anything more than toilet paper or do any damage to property. 

The rules and war are planned by one senior each year. This year, senior Abi Sajdowitz began the game. All seniors can begin the game by creating a Snapchat story or spreading the word. 

Senior Aaron Fenske says, “TP wars are fun because it’s a nice way to get outside with all your friends.” 

Senior, Gabe Burch says, “I am able to meet new kids and hangout with people I would not normally hangout with outside of school, and it was nice to branch out and I never thought it would happen over a TP war.”

Toilet Paper Wars have its pros and cons. Junior Shega Case says, “Yeah we love the Toilet Paper wars until people take it way too far.” Case referenced mustard and eggs being used.

Cady goes on to say, “It’s all fun and games and a good time until someone either goes farther than just toilet paper or makes the toilet paper hit personal.”

According to Sajdowitz, there have been over 30 students who have participated in this event, and there have been 28 houses that have been hit, or were a target but failed their mission. 

Burch says, “I have been hit so many times, and each time it made me want to go target others. It is a pain to clean up and gets really annoying, but in the end it just made me want to TP them back.” 

Arrowhead’s School Resource Officer Matthew Vanderboom believes this can be a fun time for students in the community, but he also wants kids to be aware of the consequences that can occur. 

Vanderboom says, “ If you are involved, be conscious not to damage property. If you are found to be at fault, the cost of repairing any damaged property would more than likely be court ordered. In addition to repairing damaged property, an involved student could receive a municipal citation for Criminal Damage to Property and Trespassing.”. Vanderboom infers that this can be a fun and good activity, but wants children to continue to be respectful as well as conscious of others.