Thieves Pilfer Fire Hydrant at Arrowhead High School

According to an email from Becky Gordon, Associate Principal at Arrowhead High School, two unknown individuals stole a fire hydrant located at Arrowhead High School’s South Campus on May 20th, 2021 at approximately 10:40 pm. The individuals were spotted fleeing the scene in a “newer model” red sedan.

Three images were attached to this email, showing the newer model red sedan at the scene.  The images were captured by “Outside Door C” and “Outside Door F” cameras at Arrowhead’s South Campus.

The email was sent on May 25th, 2021, five days after the footage was recorded at Arrowhead.  This footage was obtained by the Arrowhead HS School Resource Officer and the Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department was involved.  Investigation was known by the class of 2021 to be ongoing as of May 25th, 2021 at 11:57 am. This is the time at which Gordon’s email was sent.

Gordon states “Anyone with information regarding the crime, who wishes to remain anonymous, may report the information in person or at Crime Stoppers by clicking on the “submit a tip” button. If the information provided leads to the identification and/or return of the stolen property, you may be eligible for a cash reward.”

As of May 26th, 2021, the fire hydrant was returned, according to a follow-up email by Gordon.  She wrote “Just a quick note to let you all know that the missing fire hydrant has been returned. Thank you to all who tried to help!”

Earlier this year, on March 22nd, 2021, a 19-year-old from Elkhorn, Wisconsin was caught allegedly with a stolen fire hydrant in his vehicle.  The vehicle was found in a ditch on January 16th. The cost of a new fire hydrant was $2,950 and the 19-year-old was charged with felony theft of movable property and a misdemeanor for obstructing an officer.