ASF Hosts Virtual Trivia Night

The Arrowhead Scholarship Fund will host a Trivial Pursuit fundraising competition virtually.  The fundraiser will take place on Friday, April 23rd, 2021 at 7pm.  Participants are invited to work with groups of friends from home.  The competition raises funds through the entrance fee, which is yet to be announced.  

Participants have the chance to win cash prizes and party packs.  Travel themed auction items are available for bidding.  Signup information will be released by the Arrowhead Scholarship Fund in March on their website.  

Arrowhead senior Charlie Hutchinson expressed his interest in participating, saying, “The Trivia Night sounds like a fun way to earn some extra money.  Winning a prize could help me pay for some more of my college expenses.”

Junior Corey Ward said he plans on participating for the chance to win cash prizes, and hopes to assemble a team of classmates to work with.  “I like the idea of winning money for playing trivia with friends,” he said.  

The Arrowhead Scholarship Fund website says, “As we get ready for the world to reopen, you’ll be glad you stayed home for this.”

The first annual Arrowhead Scholarship Fund Trivia Night took place last year, on January 10th, 2020, from 9-11pm.  The event was conducted in-person in the Arrowhead High School cafeteria.  Over 150 students and their families competed alongside alumni and teachers.  The winning team voluntarily donated their earnings to fund a $1000 scholarship.  

The Arrowhead Scholarship Fund began in 1958.  Since then, the organization has awarded over $2,000,000 in scholarships to students. Approximately $80,000 is donated to 80 students yearly.  Scholarship amounts range from $500 to $3000.

The application process for the 2020-2021 school year opened on December 22nd and closed on January 22nd.  Applicants will be notified by early May via email if they were accepted as scholarship recipients.