Different Earth Club Procedures and Activities

During September 2016, a group of Arrowhead students started Earth Club. 

On September 21, 2020, Earth Club opened for the 2020-2021 school year.  

Students can sign up for Earth Club any time during the school year. Earth Club includes different activities about the environment. The club meets on the second Monday of each month in NC Room 139 during 2:45 p.m. 

Jim Albers, environmental-bio teacher said, “Earth Club gives students a venue to make a difference in the health of our planet.”

The group of students created Earth Club with Earth Club advisors and Arrowhead teachers Albers and Dennis Mechenich.

Arrowhead’s Earth Club occurs at Arrowhead’s North Campus NC Room 139. They have their meetings starting at 2:45 p.m.  

On September 21, they had one of their meetings and during this meeting, they started with upcoming events, then committees shared an update on their progress and then members broke into committees to continue the development of the goals.

This year, there were different procedures for Earth Club; their meetings are outside and more communication is done on their website.

The new activities for Earth Club this year are to re-do NC and SC planters, add carpool parking, plant trees, and start plastic bag collection and E-recycling.

Albers said, “The major change is that the leadership is now coming from the students instead of the advisors.”

Albers said, “I enjoy seeing students, who are passionate about the environment, getting involved and making a difference.”

Students sign up for  Earth Club by filling out the Earth Club Membership form on the Earth Club page on Arrowhead’s website:arrowheadschools.org.