Psych Club Planned and Prepared Boxes for Children’s Hospital Fundraiser

People who donated put items in boxes in the social studies rooms at both campuses, the library, and main office.

Arrowhead’s Psych Club, run by AP Psychology and Psychology teacher Jennifer Brown, once again ran the annual Psych Club toy and supply drive for Children’s Hospital. The drive ran from February 19th to March 8th. Items, as well as monetary donations, were collected.

Psych club started in 2007-8, making this the 12th year in operation. Psych club was initially driven by students who wanted to start a Psych-based club. They told Brown they were interested and they went from there, making it official in 2007. The club size was about 20-30 students.

According to Brown, Children’s Hospital has been the biggest service project they’ve done in the last few years.

“It has been a really lucrative fundraiser,” she said in an interview.

Psych Club raised about $400 among all six of Brown’s class periods.

“Mostly it’s the AP classes that are really involved with the donating. I have about $250 in cash donations so far,” said Brown in an interview during the first two weeks of the drive.

Along with the toy and supply drive, Psych Club has had events and activities for Arrowhead students interested in psychology. According to Brown, they’ve had guest speakers including a hypnotist, art therapist, therapy dogs, social workers, psychologists, psychiatrists, professors, and doctors.

Students interested in joining Psych club can reach out through email to Brown.

The next Psych club meeting will be April 15th in Room 189 from 2:45 to 3:45. A new art teacher, who used to do art therapy, will be attending the April meeting.

Psych club members typically do a Halloween get together involving a scary movie or something in the Halloween spirit. They will get together to have meetings about personality and personality tests, and discuss topics on love, fear, and psychopathology.

“We have donated roughly 600 or more items to Children’s Hospital over the years,” she said.

According to Brown, people who donated put items in boxes in the social studies rooms at both campuses, the library, and main office. She says the club will likely make the delivery to CHW the week of March 11th.

Students donated items for infants, toddlers and preschoolers, school-aged and teens, and any age.