2018 Movie Night Homecoming: Back to the Future

North Campus Theater on Homecoming Movie Night

On Saturday, September 29th, Arrowhead High School will be hosting a Homecoming Dance. The dance will be 9/29/18 at 7:30 in the North Campus gym.

Each year Student Senate creates a theme for the dance. This year the theme is Dancing Through the Decades. Arrowhead is hosting a Homecoming movie night that goes along with the dance theme. The movie this year will be Back to the Future. The movie will be shown on Wednesday, September 26th at 7:00 pm in the North Campus Theater.

Charles Hutchinson, a sophomore student at Arrowhead, says, “this event will help students relax and it helps them show that the school cares, improving its standpoint in the community and it’s values.”

At the movie, both popcorn and water will be free of charge. It is free to enjoy the movie.

Jenna Erickson, a sophomore student at Arrowhead, says, “The movie night is a really fun night with friends and it has no cost which is even better.”

Students are encouraged to bring friends to enjoy the movie with.

Shanna Hechimovich, a student senate advisor and AHS social students teacher, says, “It really is just another opportunity for students to get together and celebrate our Dancing through the Decades Homecoming theme. The Student Senate officers chose the movie Back to the Future because our theme is Dancing through the Decades and this movie explores both the 80s and the 50s.  We are hoping to have a couple hundred students attend this event.”

Many students and staff members believe that Homecoming brings our community together. Some staff and student essay the homecoming movie helps with this.

Hechimovich says, “Homecoming really should be about community building within the school and this offers a safe and fun venue to do that.”
Many student sat Arrowhead find that there isn’t much to do on school nights, but this event directly fulfills this problem.

Erickson says, “I think the movie night is a good idea because it’s something fun to do with friends on a school night.”

Hutchinson says, “I believe it’s important because it brings the whole school closer together and it gives students a time to relax and not worry about the stressors of school and other activities. In my opinion, this is a very good thing to have and can really improve people’s moods and let them have a great time.”