Graduating Class of 2016

Arrowhead High School’s graduating class of 2016 will have graduation held on June 4, 2016. Students are to report to their designated homeroom no later than 6:15 pm. The ceremony will begin at 7:30pm on the football field. Guests are to be seated in the stadium bleachers. Entrance to the bleachers will be available beginning at 6:30 pm.  No tickets are required.

There will be additional seating in the North Campus theatre with a live broadcast of the graduation ceremony.  An online live broadcast will also be aired.  A DVD of the

graduation will be able to be purchased.

According to the Arrowhead website, Inclement weather may cause us to move the start of graduation to an earlier time on Saturday or postpone until Sunday, June 5 starting at 1:30 p.m.  By 10 a.m. on the day of graduation, a phone message regarding graduation will be available by calling 262-369-3612 and choosing 7 for special messages.

Gregg Wieczorek, Arrowhead’s principal, stated that all students must be dressed in proper attire to be allowed to walk across the stage. It is required that all students are wearing the designated robe from Jostens with the matching cap. Girls are to wear either a dress or nice slacks, with dress shoes or dress sandals–no flip flops. Boys are to wear a collared shirt and tie. They will be given an ugly tie if they show up without one.

Arrowhead senior Diya Ramanathan, who will be one of the three students to speak at graduation said, “I was really excited when they chose me to speak. I have been practicing my speech for weeks now. I want it to be the best it can be by graduation day.” Alyssa Kuelthau and Ellie Landwehr are also speaking at this year’s graduation.

According to the Arrowhead Student Handbook, in order to graduate with the senior class, each student must fulfill certain academic credit requirements. Each student, by June 3rd, needs 8 English credits, which must include English 9 1 & 2 and English 10 1 & 2. They need 6 Social Studies credits which must include Social Studies 9, and US History 1&2 or AP US History 1&2. Also 6 Science credits which must include two credits of Life Science and two credits of Physical Science. They need 6 Mathematics credits and 2 Career and Technical credits (Business, Family and Consumer, Technology and Engineering), They are required to have 3 Physical Education credits that must include three different types of classes over three separate school years. They also need 1 Health credit, 2 Fine Arts (Music, Art, Theater & Video) and another 16 Additional credits.