Arrowhead Hosts Fifth Annual Hawkfest

Friday, September 19th, marks the fifth anniversary of Arrowhead DECA’s fall football festival, Hawkfest. Arrowhead’s marketing students along with Steve Melzer, DECA’s staff leader, are in preparation for what, Senior Emma Rafferty, says will be the best Hawkfest yet.

Hawkfest is an annual festival held by Arrowhead DECA (an organization of marketing students). This year it will be held on September 19th from 4:00 to 9:00, in the North Campus South and West parking lots. Everyone from the community is welcome to come, families and students alike.

Senior, Callie Todarello is excited to see the turnout of this years Hawkfest.

“I feel it is a great way for the community to come together, to not only have fun but to also support Arrowhead,” says Todarello.

There will be many different booths including the following: Face painting, nail painting, tattoos, photo booth, kids crafts, etc. There will also be inflatables, a rock wall, laser tag, Euro Bungee, the infamous Johnsonville Grill, and entertainment stage.

Performing this year on the entertainment stage will be the Hawkettes and a DJ. There will also be some local businesses that will have booths set up inside Taraska Stadium including the following: Culver’s, Rocky Rococo’s, and Picnic Basket.

Ticket prices include the Regular and the All Inclusive. The Regular ticket package can be purchased for $15.00 and includes five tickets and a wristband which allows access to all attractions besides rock climbing, laser tag, and eurobungy. The All Inclusive ticket package can be purchased for $20.00 and includes 5 tickets and a wristband that allows access to all attractions (inflatables, laser tag, rock wall, etc.).

This years Hawkfest proceeds will go to the the Waukesha County Sheriff’s K-9 Unit, MDA (Muscular Dystrophy Association) Summer Camp, and Arrowhead DECA.

“It is an opportunity for the public to become familiar with DECA and also see Arrowhead students helping a good cause,” says senior Jordan Weber.

Amongst all of the Hawkfest excitement, Arrowhead’s football team will play against Mukwonago at 7:00 at Taraska Stadium.

So come on down to Hawkfest and enjoy food, games, and music. And then cheer on the Warhawks to a win!