End to the Summer, Start of the School Year

For Arrowhead students, September 2nd was the first day of school and also the last day of summer for students and staff. Students must report every day at either North or South campus at 7:25 or 7:30 respectively in their first hour classrooms.

Morgan Merbeth, and senior at Arrowhead, says that she’s really looking forward to her last year at Arrowhead, and is happy with how her summer ended.

“I got to spend a lot of time riding my horses this summer and also I got to spend a lot of time up north,” says Merbeth.

Merbeth says she spent so much time with her horse this summer that she was able to train her horse to do things that it wasn’t able to do before. Merbeth has a farm and her own horses located in her backyard and was able to work with them all summer.

Summer for Rachel Thorn, a senior at Arrowhead, was spent mostly in Florida where she got to spend a lot of time with her friend Alex and her grandma and grandpa.

“I went to Florida 3 times and despite the cost of the plane ticket, it’s worth the flight down their because there’s so much to do there; I really enjoy spending a lot of time by the pool”

Thorn says that she was really able to prepare herself for senior year over the summer as she takes on some of the hardest classes this school year.

Merbeth says that she had also went to Florida a year ago before school and that it helped her have a lot of relaxation before she went back to start off her junior year.

Thorn says that the summer spent at Florida relaxed her and that she’s ready for a final, tough year at Arrowhead. Thorn also says that she got to take a tour of the college in Florida to get an idea for herself in the future.

Merbeth says coming back to school was hard to do this year, but because it’s her senior year, it gives her a big motivational boost.

“I’m really looking forward to finishing this year off on a good note,” says Merbeth, “My classes have been so easy by far and I know that this school year will be the best one yet.

Thorn says that this year might be a struggle for her this school year because she is taking Chemistry the second year around.

“Last year I took Chemistry and didn’t do so good but this year I feel that I have much more of a head start and that I will be able to complete and finish this class off once and for all,” Thorn says.

Thorn also has FSO and the end of the day so she is able to use that extra time to go home early and study.