Lip Dub Filmed at Arrowhead

School year is coming to an end and students are starting to finish up their work and study for exams, and what is a better way to remind everyone that school isn’t all about the books then Lip Dub coming to Arrowhead High School.

A lip dub is a type of video that combines lip synching and audio dubbing to make a music video. It is made by filming individuals or a group of people lip synching while listening to a song or any recorded audio then dubbing over it in post editing with the original audio of the song.

Senior Renee Fishers says, “I think the Lip Dub isn’t going to work as well as they want to because it’s not very unorganized.  If we were told about it earlier I think it would be fun.”

Senior Molly Trimble says, “Lip Dub is a great idea to bring the school together.  It is fun and shows arrowheads school spirit.  It was unfortunate that the staff was ill prepared; therefore the students were at a loss.  In order to get over 2000 students involved the planning should have been better.  Students were unsure and that led to confusion during the video.  Although it was a fun idea the students and staff should have been better prepared.”

This was a good opportunity for students to get a break from learning, take advantage of a short day, and enjoy themselves during this event.

Ellen McDonald says, “I had no idea it was going on the day before and the people that knew were pretty much the people that needed to know.”

Announcements were made on the day of Lip Dub to notify teachers and students on where they are suppose to be. Students that weren’t in a group go to the gym and student’s teachers were already assigned where they were supposed to be.

Students that that were in the hallway seemed very excited and couldn’t wait for the camera to come to get everyone in the video. After the camera went passed, students would rush to the gym for the final event.

Senior Connor Lederman says, “It was an awesome thing to experience and a great way for everyone to have a little fun at school.”