Arrowhead Students Take the ACT Test

Before applying to college, Arrowhead juniors like Charlie Sprinkman and Jessie Calhoun prepare themselves to take or retake the ACT test. The test is scheduled for students to take every few months and the scores will be delivered two and a half weeks after taking the test. You can sign up for the test on the ACT website. The next scheduled test date is June 14th at 8:00 AM at participating high schools.

Sprinkman and Calhoun have taken the ACT once before and plan on taking it at least one more time before submitting their scores to colleges.

“I took it one time a few months ago and I didn’t perform as well as I wanted to. I’m probably going to end up taking it at least two more times,” says Sprinkman.

Calhoun is taking the next ACT on June 14th at Arrowhead and is prepared to take it at least one more time after that.

“I haven’t met anyone who has been satisfied with their score after taking the ACT only one time. It seems like everyone has to take it a few times to get the score they’re trying to get,” says Sprinkman.

Both Sprinkman and Calhoun say they have taken the ACT Prep course Arrowhead offers a few times per year. The classes are four Saturdays for four hours long each day. The classes cover criteria that is on the ACT in individual time periods for English, Reading, Math, Science, and an optional Writing portion. After the four hours, students have the option to stay after class to get help or study in a specific area with tutoring teachers.

“I took the ACT prep class and I am really glad I did. I need all the preparation I can get,” says Calhoun.

Although Sprinkman has taken the ACT prep class at Arrowhead, he says he also plans on taking an online ACT prep guide course sometime before his next scheduled testing date.