iPhone 6 Arriving Soon

On September 20th of 2013, the iPhone 5s and the iPhone 5c were released and are currently the most updated model of Apple’s iPhone. Rumors has surfaced that Apple’s iPhone 6 and iPhone 6c are expected to be on the market by fall of 2014.

Changes in the new phone include size change, color change, display technology and processor upgrades. The majority of iPhone 6 rumors have focused on the screen size of the device, which is expected to increase. The size of the iPhone’s display grew from 3.5 inches to 4 inches with the iPhone 5, and with the next generation iPhone, the screen could grow even larger.

Rachel Thorn, a student at Arrowhead High School, says she likes the size the iPhones now.

Thorn says,  “I really like the iPhone at the size it’s currently at, any bigger would make me feel like I have a tablet or an iPad and that’s something I definitely don’t want.”

“If Apple decides to make the phones bigger, they should also make it thinner, because I don’t want to have something that’s really chunky and heavy in my pocket,” says Morgan Merbeth, a student at Arrowhead High School.

With Apple still in the process of creating the iPhone 6, it leaves rooms for changes. Improvements with the camera, display, screen, and size, the iPhone 6 is expected to look different.

“I hope that the camera is better on the next phone because I use my camera on my a lot and if the camera is better I would think about buying that,” says Thorn.

Merbeth says, “I’m really hoping that they come out with an all black iPhone, I feel like it would look so sleek and not as dirty or wrecked.”

Ricki Galstad, a student at Arrowhead High School, thinks Apple shouldn’t change the iPhone too much because too many changes may take away from the things that people actually like about the iPhone.

Thorn says that she hopes they improve the camera on the iPhone and that if it was better more people would buy it over other phones that are on the market.

“The size of the iPhone now is nice, any bigger or smaller, or thinner or thicker would just be weird and I don’t think I’d like it,” says Galstad.