Arrowhead’s Athletic Hall of Fame Inducts 2014 Nominees

The+Athletic+Hall+of+Fame+sign+located+in+the+North+Campus+Gym+foyer.+

The Athletic Hall of Fame sign located in the North Campus Gym foyer.

Three years, ago a committee formed to start Arrowhead’s Athletic Hall of Fame. The committee recently chose 15 new inductees for the second class. The inductees for the second class vary from the late 1950’s up until 1998.

Kevin Flegner, the athletic director at Arrowhead School, said, “[The Athletic Hall of Fame] is to honor standout athletes, coaches and friends of athletics.”

Flegner also said, “The second year inductees include the first state wrestling champion as well as a brother and sister who were the first state boys and girls swim champions. We also will be honoring the Marek and Mullett families for their contributions and support to our facilities, athletic programs and students.  Jean Neuser, former AHS phy-ed instructor, who supported girls sports before they were formally recognized as sports will also be recognized.”

The rest of the nominees will be uploaded to the alumni page. This can be found here: http://www.arrowheadschools.org/resources/alumni/, along with the biographies of those nominees.

There is a special event taking place on Saturday May 3rd, 2014 at the Seven Seas to support the nominees.

Flegner said, “This event is open to the public and we encourage all alumni and current supporters of Arrowhead athletics to attend.”

The inductees will receive a plaque with a permanent picture which will be displayed in the North Campus gym foyer along with a personal plaque for the honoree.

In order to nominate people for the Athletic Hall of Fame there is criteria and nomination papers located on the alumni page that can be filled out.

“We are still looking for anyone wanting to purchase an ad in the Hall of Fame program and honoree sponsors.  Please email Liz Arsnow if you are interested in either of these opportunities,” says Flegner.

Flegner also said, “We look forward to seeing everyone on May 3rd as we celebrate those who have given of their time, talents, and dedication to Arrowhead Athletics.”