Arrowhead Students Prepare for the ACT Test

Before applying to college, Arrowhead juniors like Kara Vana, Jessie Calhoun, and Matt Fricker prepare themselves to take or retake the ACT test. The test is scheduled for students to take every few months and the scores will be delivered two and a half weeks after taking the test. You can sign up for the test on the ACT website. The next scheduled test date is April 12th at 8:00 AM at participating high schools.

While Calhoun and Fricker say they haven’t taken the test yet, Vana says she took it already and will be planning on taking it again.

“I took it one time a few months ago and I didn’t perform as well as I wanted to. I’m probably going to end up taking it at least two more times,” says Vana.

Calhoun is taking The ACT on April 12th at Arrowhead, the next scheduled date, and says she plans on taking it more than once.

“I’m for sure going to be taking it more than once. The practice test was so hard so I’m probably gonna sign up for the one in June,” says Calhoun.

Vana says she didn’t use any method of preparation for the test before she took it and ended up regretting the decision to not practice or prepare herself.

“I didn’t prepare myself at all and it really hurt me in the end,” says Vana.

Fricker says he hasn’t signed up for the ACT yet, but is planning to prepare himself by taking an ACT Prep class and studying on his own before the test.

Calhoun said her method of preparation was the ACT Prep class that Arrowhead offered for four Saturdays in a row for four hours long each time.

“The classes were really long and I don’t even feel like I got a lot of good practice preparation out of them,” says Calhoun.

Fricker says his way of studying is paying attention in school and doing well on his tests to prepare him for the ACT Test.

“Everything that’s on the ACT is what we learn in high school, so I just need to focus in school and do well on homework and tests and hopefully I will prepare myself for the ACT that way,” says Fricker.