How did the Arrowhead Smite Team do?

Results of Arrowhead v. Stockton game 2

On March 11th going through the e-sports club, Devin “ProfessorWaffle” Post (Support/Shot Caller), Ben “SrgSmallFry” Fraser (ADC), Ryan “Coff3e” Tate (Jungler), Jack “JackOfMostTrades” Wright (Solo Laner) along with their Team Captain/Mid Laner (MagicalMiser) submit their roster for the High School Star League’s Spring split of Smite. Over the course of the next five weeks, they played against several other high school teams from all over the country. Every set would have two games in it with a scoring system as follows: two wins would give you three points, one win and one loss would be one point, and two losses would be zero points. The top two teams in each group would move on to the playoffs where they could compete for in game gems or even scholarship money.

Their first match wasn’t even really a match because the Team Captain of the opposing team disbanded their team forfeiting the match. This got the team three points. “Freelo” as SrgSmalFry said.

The next set they played Lake Park High School. The first match they went for on meta picks, but due to early kills and pressure they were manhandled. The second game they tried going for comfort picks, but thing only went worse. They ended up with zero wins and zero points from that set.

Their next set was against Liberty High School. Both games were close but both times a stolen fire giant buff sealed their fate. So this marked the second set that ended in zero points and zero wins.

Set four they played Stockton R-1 School. The first game finished 46 kills to one in Arrowhead’s favor with their high initiate/follow up comp beat out Stockton’s circle comp. Despite Stockton banning all but one god on their previous comp, game two went Arrowhead’s way again finishing with 53 kills to Stockton’s three. This left Arrowhead with two wins and three points from this set.

Set five was another mess because Arrowhead was forced to forfeit due to a member being at prom.

As ProfessorWaffle put it “We did about as well as we expected, so we can’t complain.”

So Arrowhead finished the five week period with six points. Unfortunately this wasn’t enough to bring them into the top two of their Group, so their season’s over. But the HSL Spring Split isn’t over yet. From their group Waukee High School and Mansfield Legacy High School are moving on to the playoffs with 15 and 12 points respectively. They’ll be playing with Scotts Valley High School (Group A), Walnut High School (A), J.W. Mitchell High School (C), Newmarket High School (C), Fort Lee High School (D) and Salesian High School.