Senior Jada Lipinski Set to Graduate Early Despite Nerves and Pressure

Arrowhead seniors have been going to school for twelve years. And the class of 2017 is excited to start the school year, but some students say they’re even more excited for it to end.

Jada Lipinski is currently a senior at Arrowhead Union High School and says she is planning on graduating early. To graduate early you must have all of the required credits and talk to the guidance office. Once the guidance counselor is met with, a meeting with students and parents is set up. It will then be decided the eligibility of an early graduation. Her last day is scheduled to be in January, but she can still walk with the graduating class in June. She is currently in the process of applying to the University of Whitewater. Her boyfriend, Logan Roberts is currently enrolled at UWW and has already started his classes.

Jada Lipinski says her reasoning and inspiration behind graduating early, “I was old for my grade and wanted to start college right away to get my life started. In this choice there was a little influence by boyfriend Logan. He inspired me to really want to start my life. Seeing it first hand seems even more right to me right now and feels like the best option for me. I am planning on starting at Whitewater in January, but planning on commuting from home to save money because it’s cheaper to dorm all year than just one semester.”

She said, “If I don’t pass one of my classes, then I can’t go to college right away and I have already submitted an application.”

Jada Lipinski will be pursuing a teaching degree. She wants to work at an elementary school.

“My stress level increase a little more because there is more pressure in getting my classes done while I am still balancing other aspects in my life too and it is a little bit harder than it was during freshman to junior year.”

Her parents are proud of her and continue to support her. Jada Lipinski said, “My parents are supporting me all the way. They believe that making these choices on my own has shown them that I am grown up and capable of it.”

So far, the school year has been going well for her, “But with the added pressure, it makes it a little more difficult,” she says.