Arrowhead Staff Aims to Reduce Vaping

Arrowhead Principal Adam Kurth and Associate Principal Becky Gordon are taking action to reduce vaping at Arrowhead. 

According to the Arrowhead Advisor some actions the staff is taking are installing vape detectors in bathrooms, working with law enforcement to have K-9 drug searches, random drug tests, and heighten punishments for violators. 

This is a response to the increasing number of students violating the school’s vaping policy.

According to the Arrowhead District Policy Handbook, “vaping by students, staff, and all other individuals is prohibited at all times … Students shall also be prohibited from the use, possession, distribution, or sale of electronic cigarette devices, e-liquids/juice, THC oil/wax, nicotine use devices, or look-alike cigarette devices.”

Along with increasing prevention and disciplinary actions, Arrowhead staff is encouraging parents to get involved. 

According to the Arrowhead Advisor, parents should have “a conversation with [their] son or daughter…to help students make good choices.”

A parent vaping information session was held November 9th in the North Campus theater from 4:00 pm to 4:45pm during Parent-Teacher Conferences. 

“I haven’t heard anything about increasing vaping issues or new policies,” says junior Nicole Rivard.