AHS Students’ Favorite Places to Get Pasta

National Pasta Day is on October 17th, according to the National Day Calendar. There are a few pasta places in Hartland including Zesti, Pepino’s, and Tony Maronni’s.  

Krissy Dempsey, a sophomore at Arrowhead High School said, “Sorrento House.  I love their ravioli.”

Sorrento House is located in Wales, Wisconsin.  People can dine in, carry out, go to the bar and lounge area, and cater to an event.  They are open Monday through Thursday from four to nine p.m, Friday and Saturday from four to ten p.m, and closed on Sundays.  Their address is 200 W Summit Ave #180, Wales, WI 53183.

Sorrento House has a daily special every day of the week.  Mondays are “buy one get one free pizza,” Tuesdays are “½ bottles of wine,” Wednesdays are “Burgers and Beer! Free Tap Beer with any burger,” Thursdays are five dollar martinis, Fridays are fish fry night, and Saturdays are the Chef’s featured dish, according to the Sorrento House website. 

Restaurants participate in national pasta day as well. A restaurant that participates in national pasta day is Carmine’s Italian Restaurant. This Italian restaurant offers a six-pound pasta special to celebrate national pasta month. They offer a six-pound pasta special consisting of three different types of pasta noodles and three types of pasta sauces. Customers also get a basket of bread and sides of Romano ricotta and shredded mozzarella cheese. This meal feeds six to eight people and costs $120 for dine-in or to-go. This starts October 17th and is offered every Sunday, but only in October.  Carmine’s Italian Restaurant is open Sunday through Thursday from 11am-10pm, and Friday and Saturday from 11am-11pm.  They also offer brunch Saturday and Sunday from 10am-2pm.  There are quite a few locations throughout the US. The nearest location to Arrowhead Highschool is West Allis Wi. 

Amanda Mantei, a sophomore at AHS, says her favorite place to get pasta is, “Olive garden because the alfredo is really good there.”  

According to the Olive Garden website, alfredo consists of, “Creamy alfredo sauce made from scratch with ingredients like parmesan, cream, garlic, and butter, served with fettuccine pasta and topped with sliced grilled chicken.”  

Olive Garden was established in 1982, in Orlando, Florida.  It is a family restaurant that serves Italian food.  The location closest to Hartland is in Delafield, Wisconsin.  

The formation of pasta/noodles began around 1700-1100 BC, according to delallo.com.  Early pasta was made with wheat or rice flour.  Africa started to create noodles with kamut.  Pasta became a staple in Italy around the Renaissance era, according to delallo.com.  It eventually spread throughout the world.  Now, many many countries eat pasta as a weekly meal.