Arrowhead Scholarship Fund helps gives scholarships to Arrowhead Students

The Arrowhead Scholarship Fund is a non profit organization started in 1958 that works to provide select Arrowhead seniors with 2 to 4 year scholarships. The Arrowhead Scholarship Fund provides more than $80,000 in scholarships annually to more than 80 graduatutes. 

They give these scholarships to students who either have excelled in their academics, actively participate in activities here at school, help volunteer in the community, or have proven themselves leaders among their peers. 

The Arrowhead Scholarship Fund was founded in 1958 by community members. Since their founding, they have raised over 2 million dollars in scholarships in total throughout the years according to their website.

According to a list found on the Arrowhead Scholarship Fund’s Website, last year the organization helped raise more than $91,250 in scholarships which were given to 72 students.

Emma Estenson, a former Arrowhead student who is now currently enrolled in Luther College, stated in a video found on the fund’s website that “…It was really great to see that my hard work paid off and that other people were recognizing that too! I want to take a second to thank the Arrowhead Scholarship Fund for allowing me to continue my education at Luther College.”

Zach Hastings, a former Arrowhead student also interviewed in the video, stated that “Although I stand at a pivotal point in my life where I do not know exactly what I’ll do, I hope to do these three things: To help others reach their goals, To learn something new everyday, and to make the world a better place. It was a great honor to have been recognized among a group of outstanding students for our accomplishments, an honor which inspires and drives me to do good everyday.” 

Current volunteers for this fund include The President, Abbie Holland; Vice President, Sara Davis; Secretary, Karen Fickel; Treasurer, June Ernst; The Scholarship Chairperson, Nicole Kaiser; The Corporate Liaison, Sandeep Brion; The Arrowhead Liaison, Gregg Wieczorek; and members at large, Susie Polentini and Martin Hughes.

If you want to learn more about the Arrowhead Scholarship Fund, or if you are interested in donating, please visit https://arrowheadscholarshipfund.org/