National Honor Society Hosts Quiz Bowl at Arrowhead High School

Photo From Flyer

Photo From Flyer

The National Honor Society is hosting a trivia contest called the quiz bowl on March 15, 2016 in the North campus commons starting at 6:00 PM and ending at 9:00 PM. All Arrowhead students and staff are invited to participate.

Participants may sign up here with up to five members per team. Participants may create a team name. Each team must pay a ten dollar fee to participate in the quiz bowl.

The winner of the quiz bowl gets to donate their winnings to a charity organization of their choice.

Ryan Andrews, an English teacher at Arrowhead High School, says, “Everyone should feel compelled to participate. Form a team and show off your knowledge of trivia to the whole school! Compete for academic victory! Flex your brain muscles! Plus: prizes for the winning team and more!”

According to the Arrowhead website, the National Honor society is “the most prestigious of national organizations and societies that promote appropriate recognition for students who reflect outstanding accomplishments in the areas of academics, character, leadership, and service.”

Students in the National Honor Society are selected by school faculty. All National Honor Society members are required to have a 3.5 cumulative GPA. A minimum of two, 45 minute meetings are held a month for Arrowhead’s National Honor Society to communicate thoughts and ideas to better the community.