Homecoming Nails:

Homecoming Nails:

Homecoming is approaching fast, October 1st to be exact which means there will be some things that need to be taken care of. For example, hair, makeup, nails, ect…the one to talk about in this article is nails. 

High schoolers ask, “Where should I get mine done?”

Some popular nail salons around Arrowhead High school area are,  Enails, Elegant Nails, CJ Nails which are all located in Hartland, and Nail Arts located in Delafield. 

Other high schoolers sometimes also ask, “What color do I do, do I match my dress or do white nails?”

As Hailee Paaske said, “I always match my nails with my dress.”  

Matching nails to the color of your dress or doing white is someone’s personal preference, however there are many different answers to this question as many students end up with different nails. 

Nails are not just colors and shapes, they can also have designs as well. A popular one this year is french tips. These tend to match the colors of the dress, shoes, or flowers students decide, they aren’t normally your traditional white tips. 

As Rachel Kleinhans said, “I go to the cheapest place or buy fake nails off of Amazon.” 

This leads into a great point as to why some students choose to not get their nails done at a salon. The prices can range from $35 all the way up to $80 depending on the shape, size, color, and design of nails. 

This tends to be a factor when students think about what to do for their nails. As stated above some students go to salons but there are other options. For example, you could purchase fake nails at a local store like Target or Walmart, or some students have bought their nails from amazon as well. 

Students may buy nails as getting them done at a salon does take up to 30 minutes to an hour depending on what you decide. If you were to do just a normal manicure that would be around 30 minutes, however if you were to do french tips that could take up to an hour. 

However, students have found out that it takes a lot of time to get their nails done at a salon. So some have preferred to either do them themselves or buy fake nails and apply them that way. 

As Sofia Frohmader said, “It ends up just being a lot easier to do my nails myself because it’s cheaper.”