Students Talk About National Bittersweet Chocolate Day

National bittersweet chocolate day is on January 10th each year. Did you know that in ancient times, bittersweet chocolate was used as medicine to treat a wide variety of diseases?

Bittersweet chocolates are popular all over the world for their unique and intense flavor. It is used in all sorts of chocolate confections and deserts, and some think it’s even better when it’s eaten as is. 

Bittersweet chocolate is a type of chocolate that does not contain any milk. It is a blend of at least 35% cocoa liquor, cocoa butter, and a minimal amount of sugar. It’s the ratio of cacao to sugar that determines whether the chocolate is bittersweet, semi-sweet, or sweetened. Bitter, sweet or dark, chocolate is at least 70% cacao. 

The best way students can celebrate national bittersweet chocolate day is by eating a bit of dark chocolate. Or make your evening cocoa with a little block or two of bittersweet chocolate to make it more enjoyable than it already is. 

Buy a bag of bittersweet chocolates and give it to your friends, family and anybody you come across that day. You will make their day. A good place to buy a bag of bittersweet chocolate is Meijer located in Pewaukee,WI. 

Chocolate took many forms, shapes,flavors and colors, and today we have hundreds of chocolate brands available to satisfy our cravings. So, do we need a special day to celebrate and indulge in chocolates as we were already doing daily? Well, bittersweet chocolate just gives us another reason to treat our taste buds. 

“Donovan Shallue a Arrowhead High school Freshmen says “ I like milk chocolate the best. I think that the others are gross.”