Students Voice Their Thoughts on National French Toast Day

National French Toast day was Monday, November 28, 2022. 

Food Network’s Brioche French Toast recipe calls for “cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, butter, eggs, milk, vanilla extract, challah/brioche/white bread, and warm maple syrup on top.” French Toast originated in the 300 AD in Rome. Originally French Toast was called “Roman Bread.” A Roman author by the name of Apicius first wrote this recipe in his cookbook called “Cooking and Dining in Imperial Rome.” 

French Toast is affiliated with multiple toppings to choose from. Kim from the Insanely Good Recipes Website, says some French Toast toppings are “Syrup, Fresh Fruit, Peanut Butter, Nutella, Cinnamon, Peaches and Cream, Coconut Flakes, Avocado, and Powdered Sugar.”

South Campus lunch ladies noted they haven’t made French Toast for breakfast nor lunch at Arrowhead.

Kourtney Calmes, an Arrowhead Sophomore, says, “I love (French Toast), eleven out of ten.” 

As for toppings, Calmes said she likes “powdered sugar, strawberries, and syrup.” 

Jill Bonk, an Arrowhead Study Hall Supervisor, says, “I actually enjoy it. I love sometimes just to do powdered sugar and maple syrup, but not real maple syrup, specifically Aunt Jemima, or whatever it is called now. Also it’s fun to put chocolate chips and then a little cinnamon.” 

Aiden Costa, an Arrowhead sophomore, says, “Yeah, French Toast is good. I love syrup on my French Toast. Blueberries on it is also good. No it does not sound good on French Toast at all.”

Addison Kowvaleski, an Arrowhead sophomore, says “French Toast is the best when it is a little bit burnt.” She also says “I like to put syrup and butter on my French Toast.”