Arrowhead Staff Member Takes Photos of Students’ Outfits

On May 11th, 2022, an incident occurred at South Campus where a lunchroom advisor approached students and asked if she could take photos of their outfits for a dress code presentation she was putting together. This was not approved by the school or any other staff members. 

Landry Nelson, a freshman, says “This was something that I never thought I would experience at Arrowhead. It really shocked me and I was disgusted. It felt very wrong and I’m glad something was done about it.”

This incident was isolated to South Campus. 

Rachel Reidy, a freshman, says, “I was asked and I didn’t know how to feel. I was told that they wanted to use my outfit as a good example, but it was still weird. I ended up saying no, because I wasn’t comfortable with my photo being taken for that purpose.”

The supervisor asked students of all genders for permission to take their photo. 

Marin Lillesand, a freshman, says “I was next to someone when they were asked and I was caught off guard. I understand that they want to show what we should wear, and what is appropriate for school, but I feel like it could’ve been done in a different way.” 

Laura Myrah, Arrowhead’s superintendent, sent out an email to parents on May 11th, 2022.  

In that email, Myrah said, “We are sincerely disappointed by the decisions and actions of this staff member. Our role as a school and expectation of our staff is to create a safe and welcoming environment for our students. The actions of this individual are unacceptable and do not reflect our Arrowhead values.”

The staff member in this incident is no longer employed at Arrowhead.