New Inductees added to the AHS Athletic Hall of Fame

Nine years ago a committee was formed to start the Arrowhead Athletic Hall of Fame to honor student athletes, coaches and friends of the athletic department. 

Two years ago, in the year 2020, The Hall of Fame could not happen due to Covid but now the committee is able to get the Hall back up and running again for the first time since 2020.

The committee chose nine people to be inducted at this year’s Hall of Fame from the mid 1970s up till 2005. Former Arrowhead students, coaches, and people involved with Arrowhead athletics are chosen if they excel in basketball, golf, soccer, softball, football, track, and wrestling. 

Class of 2022 Hall of Fame Inductees

Max Askren-Wrestling

Kacie Estes Walters-Softball

Nick Hayden-Football

Zach Leahy-Football and Basketball

Nicole Morse Heard-Golf and Basketball

Brad Peterson-Football and Track

Mike Steinbauer-Special Category-Contributions to Soccer

Jessica Tenge Walos-Soccer

Eric Zilisch-Football

Sophomore Amelia Altmann says she thinks Senior Mitchell Mesenbrik would possibly be a future inductee to the hall of fame, “because he is really good at wrestling and just won a national championship.” Lots agree with Altmann. 

The committee of the hall of fame would like to make a special shoutout to Kacie Estes Walters (2004 graduate) who still holds the top single season record in softball for strikeout numbers in 2002, 2003, and 2004. 

This event to celebrate these inductees is scheduled for Saturday, April 30th in the North Campus West gym from 3:00-6:30pm. The reception starts at 3:00 and 3:45 kicks off the ceremony. This event is open to the public but people who were planning on coming must have ordered their ticket by April 19th through a paper/pdf form with a check for food made out to Arrowhead school. 

These are your inductees and the committee hopes, “students, staff, and anyone involved in arrowhead sports can celebrate those who have given their time, talent, and dedication to Arrowhead Athletics.”