What’s Happening the Last Months of the School Year

The end of the 2021-2022 school year is quickly approaching with only 7 weeks remaining. Quarter 4 began on Wednesday, April 6th, which means there is 1/4 of the school year left. The last day of school for freshman, sophomores, and juniors is on June 10th. The last day for Seniors is June 4th. There’s lots happening at Arrowhead before the end of the school year. 

In April, all spring sports are in action. The spring sports that Arrowhead has are baseball, boys golf, boys and girls lacrosse, girls soccer, girls softball, boys tennis and boys and girls track and field. 

The annual Lobster Boil and Silent Auction is on Friday, April 22nd in the south campus cafeteria. The event raises money for Arrowhead’s special education program. The event runs from  5:15pm to 7:45pm. The menu for the fundraiser is 1.25 lbs. lobster – $24.00, 10 oz steak- $20.00, Cheese Lasagna- $13.00. These meals include coleslaw, a baked pateo, roll and butter, dessert, and a beverage (soda or water). There is also a hot dog or hamburger available for $8.00. All orders can be dine-in or takeout. 

Also in April is the DECA 2022 international competition in Atlanta, Georgia. It is a five day competition that starts on Saturday, April 23rd and ends on Wednesday, April 27th. There are over 20,000 competitors including students from Arrowhead. 

In May, it’s Junior and Senior Prom. Prom is on Saturday, May 14th at the Ingleside Hotel with the theme of Starry Night. Tickets are $80 if purchased between April 18th-23rd. The price is upped to $90 if bought between April 24th-29th. The doors open at 6:15pm, and the dance ends at 11:00pm. Tickets can be purchased at the following link

In regards to sports in May, Varsity baseball parent/senior night is Thursday, May 26th. Varsity lacrosse girls senior night is Tuesday, May 3rd. Boys lacrosse senior night is Thursday, May 19th. 

The spring school play’s performance begins on Thursday, May 5th. There are also performances on May 6th, and May 7th. The play this Spring is Trixie the Teen Detective. Tickets for the play are $10, and can be purchased here

Sophomore, Lisa Jorgensen is part of the stage crew for the production of the spring play. She says, “We start tech week this week. We are working on touching up a few things, but other than that it has been going well.” Jorgensen is the light board operator for the stage crew. 

On June 1st, boys and girls lacrosse playoffs begin. Boys and girls track state is on June 3rd, and 4th in Madison. Girls soccer sectionals are on June 9th.

The Senior graduation party is the night of Friday, June 3rd from 9:00pm to 1:30am at AHS north campus. Senior graduation is on Saturday, June 4th at 7:30 pm. 

Sophomore Ava Oleniczak says, “I’m excited for the end of my second year of high school. I’m also excited to continue my soccer season and see how far we can get this year in the playoffs.” 

There’s lots to look forward to during the last 7 weeks of the 2021-2022 school year.