Luke Behringer Wins High School Athlete of the Week

Luke Behringer, a senior and varsity soccer player at Arrowhead, won the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel High School Athlete of the week vote on Friday, September 24th. Behringer won with 6,075 votes or 30.02% of the votes. 

Matt Stewart, the prep sports editor for the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, asks for nominations from coaches in the state of Wisconsin. Jeffery Staus, the varsity soccer coach for Arrowhead, nominated Behringer for the award. 

Staus said, “It feels great to coach Luke.  We have a great group of seniors and Luke represents our team very well with this award.”

Behringer was nominated for High School Athlete of the week after their team beat Kettle Moraine and Racine St. Catherine’s, the week of September 13th.  He then scored a hatrick against Appleton North over the weekend to help win the Arrowhead Quad. 

A hatrick is when a player scores three goals in a game by themself. 

Other nominees include Norah Roberts of Union Grove, Kamyla Held of Whitnail, Rebecca Siedenberg of Kettle Moraine, Alex Eichmann of Hamilton, Ryan Bartz of Muskego, Drew Stephens on University School, Isabella Ross of Oak Creek, Ryan Ziegelbauer of Hartford, Calvin McKee of Ozaukee, and Kaede Usu of Franklin.

The population could vote on the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel website once per day. 

Behringer has been playing soccer since he was four years old. Behringer is planning on pursuing a college career in soccer; he said, “I have a few offers right now, so now it’s down to finding the best fit for me.”

The next varsity game for Arrowhead Boys soccer will take place September 30th at 6:30pm against Wauwatosa East. The game is here at Arrowhead at the soccer fields behind North Campus.  

Behringer said, “I feel honored to be a nominee and the winner of the Player of the Week. I knew I had performed well, but I had not expected to be nominated or win the award like I did. Winning this award has motivated me even more to keep improving and achieve our goals of winning the Conference and State this year! I am very grateful for my teammates and coaches who also played a big role in our wins this past week. Their planning and help made this all possible. I am also thankful for everyone who nominated and voted for me, it really means a lot!”