Halloween Is Back at Arrowhead: Trunk or Treat!

During the summer before a new school year started, DECA students planned out activities for students at Arrowhead to participate in. For Halloween, there will be a Trunk or Treat located at the Downtown Hartland library. 

This year’s Trunk or Treat/Hartland Trick or Treating will take place on October 28, 2021, from 6:00-8:00 pm, but everything will be getting set up and ready to go by 5:00 pm. 

At 7:00 there will be an Arrowhead versus Oconomowoc football game for those who are interested in attending.

According to information shared by Steve Melzer, AHS DECA advisor, to be a part of this event, students have to register the vehicle they wish to bring in by October 22 at 2:36 pm. Students cannot register a vehicle after that. The vehicle has to be decorated and so do the students who are working that attraction. The vehicles brought to this event must have the cars parked in every other spot, no two cars can be right next to each other. 

No more than four people are allowed at a vehicle at once, and there will be signs so people attending the event can still practice social distancing. Masks are not required, but people attending the event are allowed to wear them if they feel more comfortable doing so. The candy that is going to be available to trick or treaters must be pre-packaged and there has to be enough candy for over 100 people. The students working an attraction must hand the candy to the trick or treaters, they cannot grab it themselves. 

There will be bags for children to grab to go trick or treating, but there are only enough bags for 1,000 trick or treaters so bringing a bag of your own for candy is highly recommended.  

No matter what the weather conditions are on the day of Trunk or Treat, the event will still go on, so participants are encouraged to dress according to the weather.