Seniors Get More Info on Yearbook Signing Party

On May 18th, 2021, Becky Gordon, Associate Principal at Arrowhead High School, sent new information about the first annual Yearbook Signing Party to seniors of Arrowhead.

The email states that the Yearbook Signing Party will be on Monday, May 24th, 2021, from 4:00 to 7:00 P.M. outside the North Campus building.  Seniors can come at any time within this time period to pick up their yearbook and have it signed by friends, while also enjoying an end of the year celebration for all AHS students.

Regarding food at the Yearbook Signing Party, Gordon says “Burgers, Brats, and Hot dogs will be available for purchase as well as Pete’s Pop’s popsicles.” She continues, by saying “Yard games and a DJ will top off the event and is being brought to you by DECA, Yearbook, and the Arrowhead Way.”

This event is sponsored by DECA, Arrowhead’s Yearbook class, and the Arrowhead Way.  Masks will also be required during the event.

DECA, one of the sponsors of the Yearbook Signing Party. The Wisconsin DECA Website states “DECA is a local, state, and international organization with a mission to prepare emerging leaders and entrepreneurs for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality, and management.”

Their website also explains that students become academically prepared for college and careers in marketing, finance, hospitality or management, students become professionally responsible leaders with ethics, integrity and high standards, and more.

The Yearbook class, another sponsor of the Yearbook Signing Party, is explained on Arrowhead’s website.  The website states “participants gain useful, real world skills in leadership, time management, marketing, teamwork, problem solving, communication, and design principles. Students will be given challenging real world projects and assignments typical of the graphic design and publishing industries.”  The class is advised by Ms. Jana Danay, Business Education Teacher at Arrowhead.

The Arrowhead Way, the final sponsor of the Yearbook Signing Party, is also explained on Arrowhead’s website.  The website states “the Arrowhead Way is Arrowhead’s version of Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) students in a school to achieve social, emotional, and academic success.”