End of Third Quarter Coming to Arrowhead

As school continues at Arrowhead amid COVID-19, the third quarter will end on March 19th at Arrowhead High School.

On March 29th, 2021, spring break will begin at Arrowhead High School.  The Arrowhead website’s calendar shows that after spring break begins, North Campus’ pool will be shut down for maintenance from then until April 5th.  

Events at Arrowhead including the Robotics Meetings (held in NC Rooms 174, 148, 172 and 146) Girls Lacrosse (NC West Gym and Stadium), Boys and Girls Track (NC Weight Room), eSports Club (NC Room 143) and Boys Golf (Moorland Golf Center) will still be held during this time.  Spring break ends on April 5th and marks the beginning of the 4th quarter at Arrowhead.

For seniors, this will be their last quarter at Arrowhead before graduating. Seniors will finish their school year earlier than other grades at Arrowhead High School.  

On June 4th, 2021, seniors can attend the 2021 senior party in the AHS NC East Gym, AHS NC Commons, AHS NC West Gym, AHS NC Door 15 Parking Lot, and/or the AHS NC Gym Foyer.  

In order to attend the graduation ceremony, students and parent(s) must read, sign and return a graduation ceremony commitment agreement.  Students must also meet graduation requirements to attend.

Arrowhead’s 2021-21 District Calendar states that the Graduation Ceremony will be held on June 5th, a day after the senior party; however, if there is dangerous weather on this day, the ceremony will be moved from the 5th to the 6th.  Dates are still being determined, though, because of COVID-19 restrictions.  

Students are not required to participate in the graduation ceremony or senior party.  If they decide not to, they can pick up their diploma at Arrowhead on June 8-10th from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM.

Ethan Damon, a senior at Arrowhead, states, “I plan on attending the ceremony and might attend the senior party.  I’m not sure what will happen with COVID though.”

A letter from The Arrowhead Union High School District sent to parents and students of the class of 2021 states “we are currently planning three different graduation scenarios.  One is our normal ceremony, a second would be similar to last year where graduation took place over a number of days, and a third would be a hybrid where we would have the ceremony in the stadium with restricted seating.”

Second semester exams will be held on June 8th, June 9th and June 10th.  On all days the exam will take place from 7:20 AM to 11:00 AM.  

On June 12th, 2021, ACT testing for juniors will begin at 7:00 AM and end at 2:00 PM the same day in North Campus rooms 139, 180, 181, 183, 185, 187, 189, 191, 201 and 203.  Juniors will be able to see what classroom they will take the ACT in outside the front office by the commons.  This classroom will normally be a student’s homeroom.

Students can find more information at the Arrowhead website’s calendar and also the Arrowhead 2020-21 District Calendar.