Arrowhead Student Wins Kohl Scholarship

Arrowhead senior Saniya Saluja was announced as a winner of the $10,000 Kohl Scholarship.

The Herb Kohl Student Excellence Scholarship awards 100 Wisconsin high school seniors $10,000 scholarships.  

Saluja said that she found out about the Kohl Scholarship through a TikTok video.  

Saluja said that is awarded to students based on their, “excellence in academics, high motivation to achieve, broad range of extracurricular engagement, impressive student leadership, and strong promise for success in college and beyond.”

“College is insanely expensive, and I’m hoping that this scholarship can put a dent in my tuition,” says Saluja, who is planning on attending Indiana University’s Kelley School of Business with a major in Information Systems. 

Applications for the Herb Kohl scholarship were due Tuesday, November 17th, 2020.  Student applicants were required to submit three letters of recommendation as well as information regarding their grades and extracurricular activities.

“The biggest piece of advice I would give to students looking to apply for the Herb Kohl Scholarship in the upcoming years or other scholarships is to use all of their resources to research scholarships and start early. The key is discovering and working on these scholarships proactively since the larger ones tend to have earlier deadlines,” said Saluja.

Students interested in learning more about the Herb Kohl Student Excellence Scholarship should visit https://www.kohleducation.org/