Arrowhead Hires New Principal

Arrowhead high school has hired its new principal: Adam Kurth.

Currently, Kurth is serving as the acting principal of Cedarburg High. Previous to that, he served as principal at Luxemburg-Casco High School, as well as the associate principal at West Bend East and West High schools. 

He started his career in education as an English teacher and soccer coach in Michigan in Richland and Kalamazoo.

Michigan is where he earned his two Bachelor’s Degrees, one in Education and the other in Communications, from Western University Michigan. Studying at Grand Valley State University he earned a Master’s in Educational Leadership. Currently, he is enrolled at Marquette University in Wisconsin to pursue more Ph.D. work in Educational Leadership.

An email blast was sent to all students and parents on February 24, notifying them of Kurth’s hiring. Laura Myrah, Arrowhead’s superintendent, wrote a media release for Kurth.

Twenty-five applicants were reviewed by students, staff, and families. Prior to the hiring process, surveys were sent out to administrators, many interviews were conducted with faculty, students, and school board members.

The student interviews were kept completely confidential and anonymous; none were allowed to answer questions or repeat information on what happened in those interviews.

Kurth is replacing current principal Gregg Wiecorezek, who has been named the President of the National Association of Secondary School Principals for the 2021-2022 school year. After that term, Wiecorezek will retire from a career of 30+ years in education, the last 28 being at Arrowhead.

Kurth will be acting principal of Arrowhead starting July 1, 2021. He plans on meeting the staff and community of the school during the spring.

In the media release written by superintendent Myrah, she states, “Mr. Kurth is viewed to be a conscientious, hard worker and a highly-qualified, personable leader. He values and strives for student success, building relationships with all stakeholders, and strong two-way communications within the school board and beyond. With his impressive experience and success in other high-achieving school districts, we are confident Mr. Kurth will be immediately effective at Arrowhead High School.”