Students Plans for Break

Midwinter break took place Friday, February 12th until Tuesday, February 16th. Students had off that Friday and Monday.

During this extended break, some students travelled while others stayed home.

Emerson Odeja, a junior at Arrowhead said, “For break, my family and I are going to stay at my grandpa’s house in Florida; I will also be touring colleges down there.”

Other students chose to stay home during this break. 

Mitch Winser, a junior at Arrowhead said, “I’m currently just planning on staying home and hanging out with friends over this break, I just need a break from school.” 

Celia Esbensen, a junior at Arrowhead said, “I am planning on staying home and hanging out with a few of my friends, I overall just want to relax.”

Some students see this as a well-needed break. 

Adia Sanden, a junior at Arrowhead said, “It’s just a nice break away from school. I know I have been feeling very overwhelmed with school, and so have a lot of other students that I know, so it’s nice.”

Currently, the CDC is not recommending travel in and out of Wisconsin. On the Wisconsin Department of Health and Human Services website, the following is stated: “Staying home is the best way to protect yourself and others from getting sick. We recommend Wisconsinites cancel or postpone all travel, including travel within the state.” 

If you do travel, the CDC recommends you get tested three to five days after returning and quarantine for two weeks. 

Odeja is currently planning on going through with the two-week quarantine in order to keep everyone around her safe.