Following COVID-19 Statistics at Arrowhead High School

COVID-19 metrics at Arrowhead High School are posted weekly on the official Arrowhead Covid Tracking website.

These statistics were tracked from October 1st through December 11th, 2020. 

This graph contains the date, students positive, students quarantined, staff positive, and staff quarantined.  

The school has a total of 2,088 students and 220 teachers and any number of cases below five is marked with an asterisk (*) to keep students’ and teachers’ information confidential.   

Cases of COVID-19 and close-contacts to the virus have continued to fluctuate among students at Arrowhead throughout this time period, although the all-time high of 326 quarantined on October 1st has yet to be overtaken. Runner-up cases show 299 quarantined students.  This is 29 days after the all-time high. The all-time low for this period are 9 positive student cases and 79 quarantine students.

The number of teachers affected by Covid-19 has remained relatively low in comparison to the total number of staff members at Arrowhead. With a maximum of 10 teachers quarantined at once on November 3rd and 6th respectfully, remaining at either zero or five to nine teachers out at a time. The teachers have only once had over five confirmed cases this occurring on 11/23 with a total of six teachers confirmed to have the virus.

Currently (as of December 21, 2020), Arrowhead High School has 13 active student cases, 90 quarantined students, and zero teacher cases or quarantines.  This is noticeably lower than the all-time high.

Ethan Damon, a student at Arrowhead High School, says “I have gotten COVID[-19] once along with my mom and brother. Since my parents are divorced I quarantined with my mom and brother for roughly two weeks. Overall it had no effect on me and I had no symptoms of having it and since I’m already online schooling nothing changed with that, so my grades didn’t change really at all.”