COVID-19 Surveys Sent to Arrowhead Students

On November 23rd, 2020, two emails were sent out from Donna Smith, Director of Library Media & Technology.  These emails were addressed to Arrowhead High School students, linking to two separate surveys.  The first survey relates to glasses and masks, while the other relates to door handles, both pertaining to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The results of these surveys will be sent to the EDD students so that they can help to find solutions to the spread of germs and potential diseases amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

The surveys were created by Arrowhead Engineering Design and Development students at Arrowhead.  The first of the two emails says  “we will be using your responses to help innovate a solution to the problem of foggy glasses when wearing a mask.”  The students goals are to develop the best solution possible to minimize the spread of germs and potential diseases due to these issues, and the results will help to determine what this solution could be.

The Arrowhead website says “The Engineering Experience is a pathway of courses for a student who is looking to pursue an engineering-related career.

Thomas Matson, senior at Arrowhead, Lucas Kroneberg, senior at Arrowhead, Sam Goodnetter, senior at Arrowhead, and Jake Pfeiffer, senior at Arrowheadwriters of the Door Handles Survey email—write “we are trying to minimize the spread of germs and potential diseases through the use of door handles. We’ve especially recognized this as an issue during the current COVID-19 pandemic.”

Ethan Damon, a senior at Arrowhead High School, says, “I do wear glasses and along with that I do have a problem with them fogging up while wearing the mask. The only time I wear a mask is when I go places that require it.”

In Smith’s email by the EDD students relating to door handles, the EDD students write “Your responses would be an extremely valuable resource so that we could develop the best solution possible.”