Students and Staff Take Bess Survey 2020

On November 18th, 2020, during an extended third period, Arrowhead students took a Mental Health and a Technology Survey. This survey was a chance for 9th and 11th graders to answer questions that “contain sentences that young people may use to describe how they think or feel or act.” 

This survey was a way for staff members to see how students are doing in school mentally. This was also for students to see how they are doing mentally.

Logan Block, a junior at Arrowhead said, “It was a really good survey and I’m glad I took it; it made me realize a lot about myself mentally and my usage of technology pertaining to mental health.”

This survey consisted of many questions and all the questions pertained to mental health. 

According to Adam Bolt, Arrowhead did this survey to “learn more about how you are using technology in class and for homework. Your responses are completely confidential. The results will be used at the local (school district) level as well as at the national level for educational technology decision-making.”

If any red flags appeared out of this survey, students would be contacted by their counselor so they can communicate with each other, so students feel like they have someone to talk to.