All Students Allowed Free Meals for 2020-21 School Year

This year at Arrowhead, breakfast and lunch is being provided to all Arrowhead High School students at no cost for the 2020-21 school year.  

According to a letter from Jason Kulick, Director of Dining Services at Compass Group PLC, things will look a little different during this 2020-21 school year, pertaining to breakfast/lunch at Arrowhead High School.

The USDA Food and Nutrition Service has granted a nationwide waiver to allow this continuation of free meals to all students through the National School Lunch Program’s Seamless Summer Option (SSO) and Summer Food Service Program (SFSP).

However, there are specific requirements in order to get a free meal at Arrowhead.  Students will need to take a fruit, vegetable, whole grain, and milk.  These items cannot be purchased individually for the reimbursement, and will be charged for the item(s) if they do so.  Students will be reminded if they do not have the components needed for the meal reimbursement.

Ethan Damon, a student at Arrowhead High School, says “[I will] most likely not [get free meal(s) from Arrowhead] because I don’t really like the food they have and if I’m at home I can essentially just eat whatever I want when ever I want.”

Kulick states in his letter, “students will continue to come through the cafeteria line as usual. However, students will be staggered as they are released to come to the cafeteria to practice social distancing.”  

Kulick’s letter also states “students will continue to eat their meals in the cafeteria with only 50% capacity at each table.”

Kulick’s email continues with multiple other procedures that will now be in place during lunch at Arrowhead.  There won’t be any serving utensils provided to students, scanners will be used at all cashier stations (students will need their ID in order to scan at the stations), salad bar items will be pre-packaged, and modified menu options will also be served to students.

For any questions or concerns, students and parents can contact Jason Kulick at [email protected], or by phone at (262)-369-3611 (Ext: 4119).