Arrowhead Students Eat McDonalds Breakfast After Midnight

Students at Arrowhead are now going to the McDonalds drive-thru after midnight now because of the new “After Dark” menu. The menu is open anytime after midnight until 4:00 AM and includes any breakfast item, fries, and select sandwiches and burgers.

“When my friends and I are hanging out having a sleepover at night and we are bored at night, we just go to McDonalds,” says Konen

But it’s annoying because we usually want to go after it’s already closed. I’m so glad they made the breakfast menu and drive-thru later now,” says junior, Austin Konen.

McDonalds used to stop serving breakfast items at 10:30am. But now, students can order these items between midnight and 4am.

“I usually got around 2 p.m. and if I wake up in time, I go to the breakfast. I went to the breakfast last Friday with my friend Sam,” says Konen.

Minor says, “I go around lunch time if anything, other than that, if I’m in the mood for the breakfast I’ll go.”

McDonalds offers a variety of different breakfast items including an Egg McMuffin, Sausage McMuffin, McGriddles, and even biscuits;they also offer the typical pancakes and bacon before 10:30 A.M.

Konen says, “My favorite breakfast item would probably have to be the sausage McMuffin with egg, those things are the greatest.”

“The breakfast platter is definitely what I would like to get there. I think variety when eating in the morning,” says Minor.

McDonalds CEO, Don Thompson, noted at an analyst conference last week that the company is looking to improve its performance by expanding hours and noted that breakfast is a “growing category.”

Minor says, “This change will be good for Americans because they are able to enjoy McDonalds breakfast as early as 12:00 in the morning now. I feel that that change will gather a lot of attention from students and teenagers.”

“It will make the Americans fatter because it just increases more time of the day that they can be eating McDonalds,” says Konen.

Because this menu has expanded, it’s given people the opportunity to get almost all Mcdonalds food items at any time.

Minors says,  “It will benefit me because when I get my licence, I can get it whenever I want to.”

Konen says, “My friends and I are really going to enjoy this new change.”