Clubs and Sports- Do They Make or Break High School?

Students at Arrowhead Union High school have options. They can get involved in athletics, clubs and volunteer organizations. Or they can choose to not get involved.

“Absolutely, being involved in sports made my high school experience much better because it allowed me to experience a lot more and it built friendships,” says Dave Bechtel, a special education teacher at Arrowhead.

Students at Arrowhead have a wide variety of organizations to be a part of like Key Club, Best Buddies, Earth Club, basketball, soccer, football, swim, cross country, lacrosse, field hockey, hockey, and many more.  Arrowhead also offers intramural teams for basketball, volleyball, and other sports.

“I did football in high school and it was awesome because I was with my friends.  I was also in intramural basketball which was a blast,” says Bechtel.

But some kids don’t have the time to be involved.  Sadie Sarinske, a sophomore, says she doesn’t have time to be involved with clubs.

“I’m on the JV1 field hockey team and being involved in a sport at Arrowhead takes up all of your time.  I believe my high school experience would be better if I was more involved, but making time while playing a sport is very difficult,” says Sarinske.

Clubs and sports are both time consuming and doing too many will not make your high school experience better, Bechtel says.