Aspire testing to happen in April

On April 9th, sophomores with last names A-K will take the Aspire test, and on April 10th sophomores with last names L-Z will test. Freshman with last names A-K will test on April 11, and on April 12 freshman with last names L-Z will take the test.

All sophomore and freshman students will have off on the days they don’t test. Juniors and seniors will have classes on all testing days.

Freshman take the Aspire 9 and Sophomores take the Aspire 10.

According to the Arrowhead Website, “ACT Aspire assesses student readiness in English, math, reading, science, and writing. ACT Aspire is an online assessment in Wisconsin except for students who require accommodations through Braille, Large Print or American Sign Language who will take ACT Aspire in a paper and pencil format.”

According to the ACT Aspire webpage, scores for all subject areas will be three-digits long. Students will receive a score for each subject and one composite score. The lowest possible score for all the tests is 400. The highest score possible differs between subject areas: 456 for English, 442 for reading, 460 for mathematics, 449 for science, and 452 for the composite score.

The ACT Aspire webpage reads, “The ACT Readiness Benchmarks on the ACT Aspire scale for students in grades 8 to 10 are the concorded values that correspond to the ACT College Readiness Benchmarks on the ACT Explore/ACT Plan scale and are taken from the ACT Explore/ACT Plan to ACT Aspire concordance table…Students who are at and above the Benchmark are on track to have a high probability of future success in first-year college courses.”