Grammys reveal Arrowhead’s opinions on recognized material

The 61st Grammy Award Show took place on Sunday, February 10th. According to Statista, 19.81 million people tuned in this year, this being the lowest amount of viewers since 2009.

Childish Gambino’s hit song “This is America” won Record of the Year and Song of the Year. Some Nominees included “I like it” by Cardi B, “All the Stars” by Kendrick Lamar, “God’s plan” by Drake, and “Rockstar” by Post Malone.

Based on a poll created on Instagram, 55% of students report liking the song “This is America”.

Golden Hour by Kacey Musgraves won Album of the Year, beating Cardi B’s Invasion of Privacy and Post Malone’s Beerbongs & Bentleys.

Dua Lipa was rewarded for being the Best New Artist and Lady Gaga received Best Pop Solo Performance and Best Pop Duo/Group Performance.

About 72% of Arrowhead students have heard songs by Lipa.

The Best Pop Vocal Album award was given to Ariana Grande for her 2018 Sweetener album.

According to the same poll, students at Arrowhead enjoy songs by Kendrick Lamar, Cardi B, Ariana Grande, ASAP Rocky, Mac Miller, Shawn Mendes, Post Malone, and many others.

Some of Arrowhead students favorite songs include “ASAP Forever” by ASAP Rocky, “Bad Idea” by Ariana Grande, “Shake it up” by Trippie Redd, and “Bury a Friend” by Billie Ellish.

Spotify, a popular music and podcast streaming app, is used among Arrowhead students in order to find new music. Students often use playlists created by Spotify, such as “Release Radar”, “Discover Weekly”, “Made for you”, and “New Music Friday” to discover new songs. Others mention using other streaming apps, like Apple Music, SoundCloud, and Pandora. Another popular way to find new music is using Youtube. Students share that they play Youtube videos and look in the suggested to find other similar songs. The majority of students say that on top of using apps and websites to find music, their friends influence what they listen to as well.