Arrowhead Students get Spooky for Halloween

Students of Arrowhead High School anticipate Halloween.

This year, Halloween is on Wednesday, October 31, and although students may be handing out treats and getting dressed up, some students will not be dressing up for the school day.

“I might dress up this year to hand out treats like I do every year, but I’m not coming to school in a costume,” said senior, Kyle O’Connor.

“Village of Hartland Residential Trick or Treat Hours Always on October 31st 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm,” says https://business.hartland-wi.org/. But other places like Merton, Delafield, Oconomowoc, and Pewaukee hold trick or treat on October 27th from 5 pm to 8 pm.

“I don’t know what I’ll go as this year. Actually, I might go as Napoleon Dynamite. I’ll be handing out treats. I’ve already gone to one haunted house and I plan on going to more. Spencer Patterson couldn’t come to the haunted house because he was too scared,” says Kenzie Luterbach, senior.

“I’ll dress up for Halloween. I don’t know what as though. I’m going to paint something on me. I went to the Dark Carnival haunted house last week. I want to go to more,” says Lexi Luce.

“I want to go as Shaggy from Scooby-Doo,” says Sam Meyer, a senior at Arrowhead.

“I don’t know what I want to dress up as yet. I hate haunted houses they scare me. I’m going to go trick or treating. I like candy. I like free candy. There’s this guy that lives two houses down from me, and he’s got all of this money, so he spends hundreds of dollars on candy and decorations. Like huge gummy bears, and he dresses like Spongebob every year. I’m hitting his house for sure. He’s great,” says Kobe Chang, senior.

“Yeah I’m getting a skeleton costume with a trumpet. I’m not going to any haunted houses this year ‘cause I don’t want to. I’m going to a party instead of handing out candy. Halloween is my favorite holiday,” says Michael Smith, senior.

Some haunted houses open now include Wisconsin Fear Grounds in Waukesha, The Dark Carnival in Oconomowoc, The Hill Has Eyes in Franklin, and Terror on Rural Street in Hartford. All of which are currently open during the weekends all through October. Oct. 19, 20, 21, 26, 27, 28, 31. These local haunted houses don’t have age requirements, but do say to enter at your own risk and may be too intense for children. The Hill Has Eyes haunted house does have customers sign a waiver to be able to enter the haunted house. Generally these haunted houses seem to be expensive. The Hill Has Eyes costs $30-$38 depending on what benefits people want, like no lines. The Dark Carnival costs $18, and the Wisconsin Fear Grounds cost $35 for a combination of three haunted houses in one night in one location. Terror on Rural Street costs $15 for general admission and $22 for VIP Fast Pass which includes skipping the line.

Senior Marcus Cerny says, “We’re too old for [trick or treating]”

Chang says, “I’m still going to that guys house, but teenagers don’t trick or treat because people don’t hand out candy to older kids which is sad.”